Tuesday, October 30, 2012

The New Room (sort of)



Well ladies, here is the new room, or rather the old room remodeled.  The new floor was done, the room was painted, and new baseboards were installed.  It looks a lot better than the last time I showed you a picture of it.  I am moving things in as I feel I need them.  I will have space for the big board ironing board that DH made for me.  Hooray!  I have been using a little ironing board in my other room.  It was all I had room for in there.

There is nothing on the walls yet.  I have not moved in my wallhangings nor my pictures, nor my design wall.  For a design wall, I would like to get something that I can cover with flannel or batting and have it be portable.  There is a wall space behind the door that would be a great space, but it is BEHIND the door.  If I use that spot, I will need to keep the door closed when I use the design wall.  Maybe that is not a bad thing?

There are three open shelving units that DH and I assembled and brought into the room.  They were filled up in two days.  We then brought in a bookcase and it was filled almost immediately.  My goal was to get all my fabric into this room.  BIG HA HA HA!  No way that can happen if I want to be able to move around in here. 

 





Sunday I pulled up my sewing machine and finally was able to do some sewing.  I found some scraps in a little basket and sewed them together and made three crumb blocks.  It felt so good to hear my machine sewing again.

My thoughts and prayers go to all the folks back east who are being affected by the storm Sandy.

Take care.

Happy Quilting

11 comments:

our shabby cottage said...

WOW Pam, it looks so wonderful and neat and tidy. You have a lot of fabric, I thought I had a lot!! We have been hearing a lot about the hurricane, it is really awful. Thinking of everyone over east too.

Teresa said...

Congratulations on your quilt studio, it looks fantastic. I have really gotten behind in my blogging. Your k-scope quilt looks wonderful. I think it looks great as is. Maybe you have just looked at it too long. I am on my way to Houston :)

Angie said...

Your newly remodeled sewing space looks wonderful Pam! I love your new flooring and shelving units. Oh-my, you do have a lot of fabric. I bet it's fun to have it all sorted and on the new shelving! I know you are going to love that wide ironing table too! Happy stitching!

Sharon said...

Whoo hoo! It's done and now you're back in business! Congrats on a BIG job.

It's so nice to have most of your fabric where you can see it and access it. I think you're gonna love this, and you'll soon be sewing up a storm! Hopefully not as big or as messy as hurricane Sandy tho!

Pokey said...

How wonderful! Love looking at all that stash!!
:-}pokey

SueR said...

Isn't it lovely to have fresh paint on the walls, a new floor, and a new space to work in? We renovated my basement sewing room this past spring, and I love my space every time I go down there. And I love, love, love your stash!

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

Wow - beautiful room - might I come shopping there? LOL

quiltmom anna said...

The room looks great Pam- it must be lovely to see all those beautiful colors to play with- I was off at a bead show today and it was a sea of beautiful colors and textures. It is one of those things that does feed my soul to see and feel fabric and beads.
Enjoy that new look room.
Warmest regards,
Anna

Gypsy Quilter said...

What a great new space. After all of that work, you definitely deserve some serious sew-time! Thanks for sharing.

Carrie P. said...

Looks like a really nice place to hang out. Wow! what a nice stash you have.

Teresa said...

Your room looks fantastic. What a nice assortment of fabrics you have - boy oh boy could I have fun playing in there!