Monday, April 23, 2012

Another Retreat

Passionate Purple Quilter

What is up with Blogger?  I don't like changes.  If something is not broken, why fix it?

Last weekend I attended a quilt retreat.  We had a great time.  I finished a quilt back and passed my top and back to a long arm quilter who attends our retreats.  I have been working on that quilt for two or three years.  Whooppie!

I also sewed three BOM blocks.  I hope I can post pictures of them.  Here goes.



 Two weekends ago I attended a guild quilt class taught by Lyn Mann.  Here is a picture of my finished block.  I am supposed to make eight more, but I believe this is the only block I will make and it will become a baby quilt. The class was great and Lyn is a super teacher.  I am just not happy making these small curved pieces.  This block is 18 inches square.



Happy Quilting

8 comments:

StitchinByTheLake said...

Pam I went into Blogger and hunted around until I found a settings tab that had something like Former Blogger Interface (or something similar), clicked on that and mine went back to the old way. blessings, marlene

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

Every one of your photos is beautiful Pam! Great to be able to attend a retreat and a workshop!

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

Great blocks - the purple is exquisite - but I can see only making one too. I'm glad you had such a good retreat.

Elaine Adair said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE those first 3 locks - unusual AND delicious color combinations! The curved? --not so much, but possibly with other combinations it would be wonderful. Some days, we just don't hit the mark, albeit, the pattern, the design, or color or all of them ... or perhaps ourself! LOL

Karen said...

I agree. Why change things that are working. I read that this is supposed to make things load faster.

Carrie P. said...

Oh, those batik blocks are fabulous. Love the colors.
You are brave taking on curves. I still have not given them a try. The block will be great in a baby quilt.

Teresa said...

The block is beautiful 0 you did a great job.

antique quilter said...

wow what a block! maybe it could be the start of a medallion quilt!
can't wait to see it as a baby quilt though as well!
Kathie