Early this morning I finished the binding on this baby quilt. I feel it is rather large for a baby quilt, but the fabrics and colors I selected are for a baby or a toddler. It will be a good size for a toddler to drag around, and it will fit on a baby crib. Usually my baby quilts are smaller, just big enough to wrap around the baby.
I made this quilt from a pattern borrowed from a friend. It uses six fat quarters, and believe me, you use every bit of each of those fat quarters. I had the six blocks sewn together, then I went on a hunt for the border fabrics. I love this turquoise dot fabric (it has purple dots). I purchased enough to use for the back as well as the borders.
Now I can place this UFO into my "finished" list. The Pick-It Fence top still needs its borders. That is my next "To Do" project. I want that quilt in the finished top stage so it does not become another UFO. I do not consider a top "unfinished" or a UFO. I think of it as being in the first finishing stage.
Our weather is a bit cold, but the sun is shining so nicely today. It is predicted that rain is just around the corner, but today is beautiful.
Happy Quilting
4 comments:
Oh pretty colors - so bright and cheery. I prefer a bigger size baby quilt - the babies grow so fast. :-)
Great colors Pam. I'm like Jo...bigger is good because it makes a wonderful place to lay them on the floor when they start rolling around. Blessings, Marlene
Cute baby quilt! And I LOVE that turquoise fabric with purple dots! Yes, I make bigger baby quilts too. That way the babies can use them for longer - until they wear out! (the quilts, not the babies - LOL!)
this quilt is adorable, love the colors, I think its the perfect size, babies grow so fast
Kathie
Post a Comment