My Mary Elgelbreit Let's Go Dotty quilt is finished. The quilting was done and I applied the binding on Dec. 31, 2011 and January 1, 2012. I consider this quilt the end of 2011 and the beginning of 2012, a collaboration of sorts. I have the binding to finish on a mystery quilt (it is half sewn down), then I will have that quilt finished and ready to donate to our Community Quilts group.
Also included in this post is a picture of the TWO blossoms on my Christmas Cactus plant. Each year it will have one or two blossoms. They usually fall off before they open up. This year they have not fallen off and have opened up to become beautiful blossoms. I am so excited. Wanda said I needed to keep them watered, which I have done this last month, and look what transpired! Whoohoo!
I know I always have more energy in January to get things finished. I have lots of drive/energy to finish things in December. I wish I could carry this energy throughout the year. Just think how much sewing I could get done! WOW! It boogles my mind! LOL!
I have a set of friendship blocks that I received in an exchange a few months ago that I want to set together. I have a fabric in the drier that I want to use for this purpose. I hope it is enough fabric. If not, I will add some other piece from my stash.
This morning I was at In Between Stitches Quilt Shop in Livermore for my Saturday Sampler demo. I have been lax concerning this BOM. I now have three blocks to sew together in order to be caught up with the regular monthly schedule. I was sick last month and did not attend. In November I had another activity planned so I also did not attend that month either. Today I picked up my two blocks that were there waiting for me. Every time we arrive home from our trip to Livermore, my husband says I should go right into my sewing room and sew up my new block. He is so on target. If I do things right away, they will get done in a timely manner.
We have beautiful weather today. It is cold, and a bit breezy, but the sun is shining warm and bright. It is very cold in the house. It is actually warmer outside than inside again today. Our temperatures at night are cold, but if the sun shines in the daytime, it warms up nicely. Now is a good time to take a walk.
Happy Quilting
6 comments:
Your Let's Go Dotty quilt is beautiful Pam! Nice finish. I went for a walk today too - great to get out every day for a while.
Congrats on the first finish of the year! It looks great. I love ME's fabrics and I have a top made with her fabrics that's on my list to finish this year. It's been waiting too long.
Your DH is so right! If we just jumped right on our project, it would get done so fast. Alas, I always have good intentions, but not so good on the follow-thru. Good luck - I hope you can keep your initiative!
Love the Dotty quilt. Your husband's plan is a good one. The problem is we are too easily distracted LOL.
Crispy
Love the quilt - and how great that you have such energy and getting the finishes done. I agree - jump right in there - and enjoy.
Cute quilt - but where's the purple? Congrats on a finish - doesn't it feel good!
I love your quilt. Congrats on finishing it.
Post a Comment