I finished sewing together all the Halloween blocks, then this top. If I had known the mystery quilt would have been hearts, I might not have chosen Halloween fabrics as my focus, but then it would not have been a mystery, right? I like this quilt anyway. My focus fabric was the purple background and pumpkins with those darling little cuties popping out of them. It reminded me so much of our grandbaby. She is too little yet to pop out of a pumpkin, but next year...watch out pumpkins!
I finished this top early in the week, before I became sick. I had been well all last year. I thought about that and decided that since I was not at school around all the sick kids last year, I stayed healty. Well, I started volunteering in a Kindergarten class this year, only one day a week. Well, I guess one of those little darlings shared their illness with me, or maybe not. Maybe I obtained these germs somewhere else. Bottom line: congested sinuses, sore throat, cough.
DH and I went up to the Sonora quilt show yesterday. I was determined to keep our date with Julie and husband to view the show and have lunch. I became so tired about half way through the show, that we decided to go home. We missed viewing half the show, and lunch, too! Bummer!
On this coming Saturday, I have an invitation to attend a baby shower for a friend's DIL. I purchased a Noah's Ark panel from Keepsake quilting earlier this summer. Since the shower is this coming weekend, I need to get that quilt finished. Guess what I will be sewing this week!
Hope you have a great week. Stay healty and be happy.
Happy Quilting
10 comments:
Cute quilt Pam - you could call it Pumpkins Have Hearts Too. :) You could do one with witches on it and call it "Witches Have..." :) Just think of all the things you could make one with! blessings, marlene
I love purple and orange and I think your Halloween Cutie is adorable Pam!
The quilt is fun Pam- love hearts in any variation- perhaps you can call it " I Love Halloween" .
Sorry to hear you have been hit by a bug- me too- I have spend the whole weekend inside. We went to see a new show at the art gallery on Friday- very avant garde and not to our taste( the food was delicious) However, we came home early because I ran out of gas ( energy). We will go back another time soon. My husband is improving- he had bronchial pneumonia last week and the coughing has begun to subside-
Enjoy Kindergarten and your grand baby.
Warmest regards,
Anna
Cute pumpkin quilt! Hope you feel better soon---you must really be sick to leave a quilt show half way through!
I have never seen slanted hearts like that before. It's a cute wallhanging and it could be done before Halloween.
I hope you feel better this week. Those little ones carry some tough germs.
Nice wall hanging! Sorry you have not been feeling well. I am always insulted if I have a bad cold or anything that will interfere with my agenda. I have one of those every day, an agenda I mean. Still a little tired from BOTP, but it was fabulous! I love looking at your blog. You are always doing something new. Take care
You mystery quilt is awesome Pam, even in purple. Sorry to hear about the germs catching you. I think you have to expect that around school kids, until you get some immunity built up. My ex was a teach, right out of college, and when we adopted DD#1, she managed to catch everything going around at school the first year. He was immune, but he brought it home to her...lucky me!
Hope you are all well soon and ready for the next go round. I'll bet you and Julie have alot of fun together normally! Hugs, Finn
This is why I don't do mystery quilts LOL. Those darn kids, they are always so generous sharing germs!! I hope you are well onto feeling much better my friend!!
Crispy
Dagnabbit, Pam. That sinus thing sure picked a rotten time to grab hold of you. I got the show CD so you won't miss seeing the rest of the quilts! I love all the pretty purple fabrics...thank you so much.
Man, I hate it when germs interfere with my quilting plans - or anything else, for that matter! I hope you're feeling better now and back doing "your thing".
I've been battling some germs too. I had a sinus infection plus an abscessed tooth last week! One doctor and 2 dentists later, plus two antibiotics, and I'm starting to feel better. Just in time for the root canal on Thurs!
I love your Halloween hearts! So cute!
Post a Comment