Sunday, July 11, 2010

Light Churn Dash Blocks

Well, I have all my light churn dash blocks sewn. There are eight other blocks to sew, then I can put all the blocks together. I am getting close to a finish and I am getting really excited. I love it when a plan comes together!
Next on my list is a row for the current row quilt I have in my possession. This is the fourth exchange, so when this row is made, there will be four out of seven completed. At every exchange we share what we did. The exchanges are getting better and better each time. These row quilts will be awesome when they are all finished.
We had a visit with our grandbaby on Friday. She still sleeps a lot, but she was awake for a little while when we were there. Sorry to say that no pictures were taken. A friend of ours took a gift she had made for the baby. We were all there when our DIL opened the gift. It was a beautiful baby blanket that was hand stitched on the front. It is a counted cross stitch pattern. It is beautiful. Also in the gift was a darling little silver box for baby's first tooth, and another little silver box for a lock of her hair. I hope our son will take a picture of the blanket so I can post it. It is an absolutely darling, colorful counted cross stich pattern. Counted cross stitch is one craft that I have not enjoyed sewing. I guess I cannot count well enough because I often get lost in the pattern.
Today has been a quiet day in the neighborhood so far. Many families must be on vacation since there are few children riding their bikes in front of the school. There are few families at the park, too. Not many children playing on the playground either. It is nice to have some quiet days in the neighborhood. We live close to two hospitals so we hear sirens daily, all day and all night, too. It has been quiet in that respect as well. I like that. The quiet indicates no emergencies. Some days the sirens are wailing going in both directions.
Hope you have a great week ahead.
Happy Quilting

8 comments:

Teresa said...

Aren't grandbabies just the best! I have seen the silver boxes you are talking about and they are very nice gifts. I'll be looking forward to seeing the picture of the lil darling.

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

What wonderful blocks - and a happy day to spend with your grandbaby - and nice to have some quiet. Enjoy.

Angie said...

It was very quiet here on the hill too Pam. No lawnmowers, weedeater or blowers going like there usually are on Sundays. Your new grand baby sounds like a content child. Not much fussing. I'm sure it's nice to just hold her close while she is sleeping. Looking forward to more pictures of the little sweetie. I never could do cross stitching because of the reason you stated, but I admire the patience it must take to complete those beautiful projects. I'm loving all your churn dash blocks. I did not sew a thing today. Just spent time reading. It was nice.

Crispy said...

Lovely blocks Pam, isn't if fun to be soooo close to the end?

Crispy

Rosalyn Manesse said...

What a super nice quilt! And don't we love grandbabies!

Carrie P. said...

The light blocks look great too. Glad you are getting to bond with the grandbaby.

quiltmom anna said...

Sounds like some lovely family times for you and yours, Pam.
I love the purple blocks- Churndash is one of my favorite patterns and this one will be soft and elegant looking - You do nice work Pam.

Isn't summer time nice when its relaxing- just like that Porgy and Bess song- long may it continue to be so.
Warmest regards,
Anna

Nadine Thompson said...

Just so you know, I love these blocks. Purple, you do it so well!