Tuesday, May 4, 2010

More Retreat Pictures

The first picture is my grandbaby's quilt. The theme for the baby's room is teddy bears. My friend, Grace, embroidered the four teddy bear patches on her commercial machine. The next two quilts are the Hungry Caterpillar quilts that I made for two pregnant teachers who teach at the school from where I retired last year. These two quilts are at Shari's house waiting for quilting. These quilts, and my hunky cowboy pillowcase are what I worked on at retreat. I was so thrilled to finish these quilts. I have known for months that the babies were on the way, but of course I waited until the last minute to get them sewn. I need that pressure of a tight deadline to get me motivated I guess! *VBS*
This quilt I made a few years ago in a class with Alex Anderson. It is her scrap bag beige class. I have had this quilt in a plastic bin since I finished it. I finally decided it needed to be quilted. Now all that is needed is the binding and a label to finish it.
Jeanne made this quilt for one of her Girl Scouts.
This is another quilt that Jeanne made for one of her Girl Scouts.
This is Monica's patriotic quilt. You will notice it has many of the same blocks that my patriotic sampler quilt contains. We were both part of the same block exchange. She added some embroidered patriotic redwork blocks, and also added some blocks of her own to finish the quilt. My picture does not do this quilt justice.
Here is my hunky cowboy pillowcase. Neat, huh? LOL!

9 comments:

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

Wonderful stuff - the embroidered bears are darling.

Dena said...

Your bear quilt is beautiful and your friend's patriotic quilt is stunning. Gorgeous work!

Crispy said...

Wow you must have had your head down and machine hummin' at the retreat!! Great quilts Pam....and it would bring many a sweet dream using that pillowcase LOL.

Crispy

Julie in the Barn said...

Your grandbaby quilt turned out great!! I love the beige one, too. I've been admiring your patriotic one for awhile and plan to do something similar with all my old r,w&b scraps from the bi-centennial and a few orphan blocks. Looks like the retreat was very productive.

SueR said...

Everone seems to be making baby quilts these days. I have two to get done too. Nothing like waiting 'til the last minute, right? LOL The quilting on the teddy bear quilt is wonderful, mom should treasure it. LOVE the scrappy beige quilt!

Looks like you had a blast on your retreat. Think I might have spent most of retreat making those pillowcases!

Say, when did you start knitting clases? What have you made so far? Heh, heh, pretty soon you'll be able to make baby sweaters to go with those cute baby quilts!

StitchinByTheLake said...

Pam your baby quilt is adorable - I bet you can hardly wait to give that one away. :) Love the pillowcase! blessings, marlene

Teresa said...

Very nice quilts - thanks for sharing all the pictures. Now don't you be drooling on those cowboys in your sleep!

Karen said...

I like the patriotic themed quilt. A good variety of blocks and well set.

Roberta said...

Your grandbaby's quilt turned out great! Shari always does a good job with the long arm quilting. I know it will be loved and appreciated by your grandchild (to be)as well as your son and DIL. I'm glad you brought your camera to retreat. I forgot mine yet again!