This little wallhanging with the crooked picture is a sample that I sewed up last week for a local quilt store. It was made from a charm square packet. This is not my color pallet, but it was a nice charm packet. It was different sewing with colors not in my comfort zone.
I also decided this week to participate in Bonnie Hunter's newest mystery quilt, Carolina Christmas. I do not have much gold in my stash. When I need the color gold, I purchase what I need for the project. After my pumpkin block exchange, I did not have many gold fabrics left. I used almost all I had in my stash for that exchange. So, out to the quilt store I went. It was such fun to be in the store for a particular purpose. I looked at the Christmas fabrics and found a couple of pieces I liked. I also found some wonderful reds and greens (that I don't think I really needed, but wanted). I have not purchased any new Christmas fabric for quite a while. I had some background fabric left over from another project, but not enough for this mystery, so I bought some more of that fabric. I was lucky there was still some at the store. I have completed part one, now I am on to part two.
We have been very busy the last few weeks with some family business, so I have not been sewing as much as I want. It was not smart of me to start another project, but I cannot seem to pass up a mystery quilt challenge very often. I have been trying to get some UFOs finished this month with Finn's UFO challenge, and I have accomplished more than I thought I would. I decided to reward myself with Bonnie's mystery quilt. You know how Bonnie loves those little 3 inch units for designing her quilts, so I am cutting and sewing all these pieces for these little units.
I also have a lot of scraps I have collected at the last few classes I have taught and taken. I have enough scraps to make quite a few crumb blocks I think, and I am itching to start sewing them. I have been sewing together HSTs from scraps that I have been given. I have also been cutting 2.5 inch squares for a leader/ender project, too. I want to work on that also. My problem is that when I start using these pieces for my leaders and enders, I get so caught up in sewing them that I stop what I am working on and only sew the leader/ender pieces! That sort of defeats the purpose of the leader/ender idea though, doesn't it? I am so undisciplined, it is sometimes scary!!!
I still have some time to sew today, so I want to get back to my fabric and my machine. I hope you all have a great weekend.......
Happy Quilting
P.S. It seems that I have lost my paragraph spacing again. Whenever I put my pictures in first and then the text, I lose my paragraph spacing. It appears that I am rambling in the text after my last picture, but really, there are four paragraphs. Sorry!
2 comments:
Great projects Pam, the ladies in one of our local churches have been tying lots of quilts lately, they all come in the store complaining of sore fingers LOL.
Did you give up on the Aunt Millie blocks? It doesn't look like there will be a December block, this is good because I'm still working on Novembers :0)
Crispy
Fun projects.
I like the pink and blue small quilt.
Have fun doing Bonnie's quilt.
Post a Comment