Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Early Trick or Treat

Not a trick, but a treat. I have been treated by Julie. In the mail yesterday there was a mysterious package. My husband brought in the mail and set it on the table. Since I knew I had not sent for anything lately, I was mystified as to what it could be. When I looked at the return address, I knew who sent it, but not what it was. When I opened it, there was a sweet card and these darling Halloween fabrics with the two Halloween panels.
I have been thinking about Halloween lately. I have a Halloween quilt kit I bought last year sitting on my sewing table. There are a couple of projects that I want to finish, then I thought I might start on my Halloween quilt kit. Since I did not get to it last Halloween, my idea was to get to it this Halloween. I do have a finished Halloween quilt. I found it in a stack of quilts in my alternate sewing space yesterday. I saw jack o lantern faces peeking out at me. I had to get up and pull out the quilt so that I could remember what was on the front. I then remembered it was made from a Halloween fabric line that I call the Killer Tomato line. The line was called Pumpkinville, I think, but the pumpkins do not look like pumpkins to me. They look like killer tomatoes, little evil bad boy tomatoes!
I also have some Halloween exchange blocks from a few years ago that I have wanted to put into a quilt. I have been looking for a haunted house panel that I could place in the middle like a central medallion block. I also thought that I could applique a haunted house design in the center. My idea is to put the exchange blocks around the center block, then borders around that. I always have these great ideas, but not the follow through. I am often the idea person on the team, but not the follow through person!
I have not been doing much sewing lately. I did supervise the Quilting 101 workshop last Saturday. My friend, Monica, came and demonstrated English Paper Piecing with a hexagon design. We sewed small hexagons together to make a pincushion. I will get a picture of mine when it is done. It was lots of fun. The ladies in attendance appeared to have a good time. They all sewed the hexagons for their pincushion, or they could use them to make a quilt block, or however they wanted to use them. It was a productive afternoon for one and all.
Happy Quilting

4 comments:

Crispy said...

You sound like you have been busy again Pam. I love Halloween but I don't decorate for any holiday. I just love those little ones in costume, I'll even give candy to the big ones as long as they dress up.

Crispy

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

What a lovely gift - what a lovely friend.

Kim said...

Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog Pam.......now if I can just get along with my Dear DIL! It breaks my heart because she is always complaining about how much work it is to have a baby and if she had know she would not have been a Mom.
Painful stuff!

Happy sewing

SueR said...

Hey Pam, I guess you're not the only one thinking about Halloween already. I'm too hot to think about Halloween yet! Cynthia England has a cool paper pieced haunted house on her website, if you're really ambitious. It'd make an awesome center panel.